Boring Ecstasy: The Bedroom Pop of Orchid Tapes
Second pressing on clear and sea blue haze vinyl
Limited to 300 copies
Ships around August 13th.
Boring Ecstasy is a compilation put together in celebration of four years of Orchid Tapes releases. In the time that we’ve been in operation we’ve gotten to know some of the most vibrant, talented and kind people that we’ve ever had the fortune of being friends with. Aside from becoming label that houses music that we can truly feel proud of having helped to release, Orchid Tapes has turned into a tight-knit group of people that we’re happy to call our family, despite the geography that restricts us from being able to see each other as often as we’d like to.
The album is a collection of home-recorded songs that represents a group of musicians whose creativity is unbridled by any kind of financial or technological barriers. A passionate love for music and the desire to create things true to individual vision remains the overarching aesthetic that we try to harbor with Orchid Tapes, and we hope those ideas come across through the music on this record.
Thank you so much for your support and for listening.
1. Ricky Eat Acid - Can You See It’s Bloom
2. Alex G - Cards
3. R.L. Kelly - Everything’s Cool
4. The Sweater I Gave You - Nobody’s Baby
5. Four Visions - Hazy Past
6. Home Alone - Catching Hours
7. Julia Brown - Without You
8. Infinity Crush - Spoiled
9. Elvis Depressedly - N.M.S.S. (Amy’s Demo Tape) [vinyl only!]
10. HAPPY TRENDY - Spirit Week
11. Yohuna - Badges
12. Foxes in Fiction - Rearrange
13. Euphoria Again - Change
14. MEISHI SMILE - Sincerity
Each order will include:
• Boring Ecstasy vinyl
• A thank-you note + Orchid Tapes sticker
• A logo-stamped oolong or jasmine tea bag
• Guava candy
Thank you xo